Sawatdee kha!
I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to blog since I've been in Thailand...we've been crazy busy! We arrived in Bangkok late Wednesday night and spend our first couple of days much like we did last year: orientation, a scavenger hunt, and a temple tour. Unfortunately we only had time to make it to two temples this time around. Plus at the Grand Palace those of us wearing gauchos weren't even allowed in! Still, it was beautiful. I love Bangkok: the architecture, the people, the busy-ness, even the smells...haha. But I was definitely ready to get on a bus Friday night and head to Chaiyaphum.
This village is so refreshing...it is so good to see Ram, Nan, Kunta and all of my friends again! The food is amazing (I even ate a fish eyeball and bee larvae), the markets are colorful, and the people are so loving and welcoming. They smile and clap at even our most pathetic attempts at Thai (mine's getting a little better though...)
On Saturday we went to a national park near Chaiyaphum where a rare flower grows, and it only grows here. It was sooo beautiful! Plus there were gorgeous views of the mountains and valleys of the north. On Sunday we went to a service at a local church, which is always exhilarating. The Spirit is always alive and moving in Thai worship, even if we can't understand a word of it. People were clapping and dancing even if the only instrument being played was the bongos. We shared a bit with the Thai people, introducing ourselves and performing a drama, and then we took communion with them. We also had a time of prayer for the Thai people in the church who were ill or hurting. After praying in the spirit for several minutes, we discovered that one woman whose shoulder had ached was no longer hurting, and another woman who had lost her hearing could hear again!! Khap khun Phra Jiaow (thank God!) Praise God! Miracles really can happen today, not just in Bible times, and I can't wait to see what other miracles and signs and wonders God has in store for the Thai people!
Today we taught English for the first time, and sadly, the only time this week. We'll teach again once we get to Kantharalak, but for the rest of this week we'll be working on a new building for YWAM Chaiyaphum that will be used for church services and teaching English. I'm so glad we are able to serve while we are here.
I typed this all really fast because we're at an Internet cafe and have to share computers so I apologize for any typos. But I thank you all for your continued prayers, and I will update you again as soon as I can.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes praise the Lord indeed! Glad to hear it's been the bomb sis!
Post a Comment