
Well, the suitcase is out and I'm starting to sort through the various items I've been collecting over the past few months. . . travel-size hand sanitizer, travel-size Tide detergent, travel-size baby powder. . . you get the picture. I'm deciding what things I'll need in my carry-on (in my case, even a toothbrush is a must, since I'll be on a plane for almost 24 hours) and what things I'm not allowed to have in my carry-on (as far as liquid goes, I can only have a quart-size plastic baggie with 3 oz. containers inside, I think).

Anyway, I walked into my bedroom to grab my backpack which will serve as my carry-on bag, and I nearly screamed. There, sitting right on top of my backpack. . . well, I guess you could call it sitting, I'm not really sure. . . was some kind of a lizard! I panicked and ran out of the room, naturally. Then I willed myself to go back in, and after various failed attempts to capture the creature, I watched in horror as he (or she) slithered away. Not an experience I want to relive, but it will probably happen again, since I have no idea where the lizard went. Oh, well. Now it's back to my packing--it's incredibly exciting to think that in just a couple weeks, my suitcase will be all packed up and ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment